Get Strong at Home With the Weider Ultimate Body Works Gym
Working out at home has many advantages – no crowded gyms, no membership fees, and no commute time. But finding the right home gym equipment can be a challenge. You need something compact yet versatile, easy to use but still able to give you a robust workout.
The Weider Ultimate Body Works
aims to solve this problem by providing a complete workout machine in a space-saving design. In this detailed review, we’ll cover everything you need to know about the features, benefits, and real-world performance of this popular home gym.
Key Specs and Features of the Weider Ultimate Body Works
The Weider Ultimate Body Works squeezes a variety of workout stations into one multi-functional machine:
- Compact size – 59″ L x 27.5″ W x 48″ H
- 250 pound capacity – Accommodates most users
- Foam seat padding – Comfortable yet firm support
- Pulley system – Adjustable cable resistance
- Extended 90-day returns – Ample trial period
Despite the small footprint, you get complete upper and lower body training capabilities. The adjustable pulley system allows you to target different muscle groups with increasing levels of resistance.
Here are some of the key features packed into this space-saving design:
Adjustable Incline Bench
The padded bench adjusts to flat, 15, 30, and 45 degree incline angles to support different exercises. Sit upright for bicep curls or recline for chest presses.
High and Low Pulley Stations
Dual pulley towers provide both high and low cable stations for exercises like lateral raises, tricep extensions, seated rows, and more. Smooth action and easy height adjustments.
Leg Squat Station
The fixed squat bar lets you perform squats and lunges to target your glutes, quads, and hamstrings. Standing leg exercises build lower body strength.
Sit Up Station
The fold-down sit up station targets your core muscles. The padded backrest supports you during crunches and other ab exercises.
Free Motion Cables
The pulley system uses free weights and your body weight as resistance. Lift the pin to engage the safety lock when not in use.
Built-in wheels at the front let you easily roll the gym to move or store it when not in use.
Benefits and Drawbacks of the Weider Ultimate Body Works
What are the main advantages of choosing the Weider Ultimate Body Works for your home gym? And what downsides should you know? Here are the key pros and cons:
- Space saving design perfect for small spaces
- Fully assembled – just roll it home and start working out
- Sturdy steel frame construction won’t wobble
- Smooth pulley motion for fluid exercises
- Complete upper and lower body training
- Easy to adjust resistance as you get stronger
- Excellent value for the price
- 250 pound capacity limits very large users
- Foam seat could be more supportive and comfortable
- Exercise options less than full commercial gym
- Durability concerns from some owners over time
- SuperPack resistance bands may wear out
- Not optimal for expert bodybuilders
The bottom line is the Weider Ultimate Body Works provides an affordable, versatile way to build strength at home. While it caters more to beginner and intermediate exercisers, the range of motions will help you tone muscle and burn calories.
Is the Weider Ultimate Body Works Right for You?
This home gym is best suited for certain users and workout objectives:
Great for small spaces
– The compact, multi-station design makes it perfect for apartments, bedrooms, and garages with limited square footage. No need for multiple machines.
Best for beginner to intermediate
– While it provides a robust workout, the lighter 250 pound capacity and basic exercise options make it ideal for getting started on strength training or medium fitness levels.
Tones and tightens muscles
– The adjustable resistance levels let you progressively challenge your muscles. Not ideal for serious powerlifting or bodybuilding.
Enables cardio and strength training
– The cable system provides both cardio exercise and strength moves to build endurance and muscles.
Supplementary to other workouts
– Use it to complement cardio machines, weights, classes or other training. Hit the full body at home.
What Buyers Should Know Before Purchasing
If you think the Weider Ultimate Body Works fits your home gym needs, here are some useful tips for buying:
- Check dimensions to ensure it fits your space
- Consider extra SuperPacks for increased resistance
- Think about mats to protect floors from rolling
- Have an Allen wrench ready for basic assembly
- Read the warranty – 90 days on parts/labor
- Compare with other home gyms for features and price
- Plan where you’ll place it and move other furniture accordingly
Also watch demonstration and review videos to see the exercises and adjustable components in action. This gives you a better idea of the machine’s capabilities and size.
While no equipment substitutes for a full commercial gym, the Weider Ultimate Body Works packs an impressive amount of fitness potential into a compact, affordable home unit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some common questions about this versatile home gym:
What exercises can you perform on the Weider Ultimate Body Works?
You can target every major muscle group, including chest presses, shoulder presses, bicep curls, tricep extensions, upright rows, lateral raises, squats, lunges, leg extensions, sit ups, and more.
What is the weight and size of the assembled unit?
It measures 59” L x 27.5” W x 48” H. The total assembled weight is about 90 pounds.
What is covered under the 90-day warranty?
The warranty covers defects in parts and labor/workmanship. Normal wear and tear or damage from improper use is not covered.
Can you increase the resistance beyond the SuperPack bands?
Yes, you can find additional SuperPacks or other resistance bands online or at sporting goods stores for increased intensity.
How long does it take to assemble out of the box?
Most customers report 30-60 minutes for the basic DIY assembly. The main frame comes pre-assembled.
Finding space for serious strength training at home can be a challenge. But the Weider Ultimate Body Works provides a compact, affordable machine for both cardio and resistance moves. From the adjustable bench to the smooth pulley system, you get a complete upper and lower body workout.
While it works best for beginner to intermediate fitness levels, the Weider Ultimate Body Works lets you target every muscle group without leaving home. For apartment dwellers and those with limited space, it’s an easy and effective way to build strength and get in shape.